Wednesday, September 30, 2009

General Mills Announces Innovative Effort

I just received some news that was announced in late September at the Fifth Annual Clinton Global Initiative Meeting, and I want to share that news with you.

President Clinton introduced a unique commitment between General Mills and CARE called ‘Join My Village,’ an innovative online community that is fighting poverty in Malawi through the empowerment of women and girls.

Malawi is among the world's least developed and most densely-populated countries in the world.

Join My Village is setting out to drive measurable and long-term positive impact with women and families in Africa by tapping into the inherent power of women to connect with, and provide strength for, other women.

Here’s how you can get involved:
  • Visit JoinMyVillage.com and join one of ten village teams to benefit approximately 75 villages in Malawi.
  • Participate in simple online activities that “unlock” General Mills donations to fund CARE’s poverty fighting programs in the Malawi villages. (Limit of 3 activities per person per day, and unlocking up to $15,000 per online village team or $150,000 in total.)

To learn more about Join My Village and help unlock funds to empower women and girls in Malawi visit JoinMyVillage.com.

Pssst…


{Disclaimer: I received this news as a member of Pssst..., and I am sharing a message that is correct to the best of my knowledge.}

No comments: