Friday, April 3, 2009

Imaginary Home MakeOver


HELLO, MY NAME IS LEANE, AND I FIND MYSELF DECORATIVELY (proper word?) CHALLENGED!!

(Don't judge......now that it is out in the open, let's move on)

*********************************************************************

So, if I had the funds....I would love to decorate our home.

We live like college students, and not the kind with pizazz or finesse for decor. I mean we don't decorate with empty beer or liquor bottles (thank god we outgrew that), but we certainly don't have any kind of flair in our home.


I am secretly jealous of those people who seem to have each room in their home pulled together....

I know plenty of bargain shoppers and garage-sale junkies with that 'MarthaStewart' touch that can make each room of their home stylish, comfortable, welcoming and complete!

Why not me??

I am missing that gene, I think.


So, in my bloggy dreams, I decorate vicariously through online outlets.

My sights are set today, on our very plain 'dining room' that is used as an office space/whatever room. Currently the lighting fixture is the most pathetic item in the room......so I went bloggy shopping (and bloggy dreaming) and here is what I found.




I love this lighting from Overstock.com

.....very simple, yet elegant, to me. Plus, it looks easy to clean. A big plus for any germaphobic mom on the go, don't you think?

Plus, the prices at overstock are phenomenal, of course. This is the Polished Nickel Contemporary 5-light chandelier for $119 (right now), that is a savings of 35%.



NEXT, I am in need of some artwork. Since we live near the St. Johns river, I was drawn to this framed art set titled (what else?!) 'St. John Riverside and Waterways'. Currently available (on overstock) for a mere $299.99...



I am also loving these:


<< 'Change the World' Canvas Art, available at Overstock.com for $.







and this >>>



'Feel Free' Canvas Art, for $129.99 right now at Overstock.com also.








WHAT DO YOU THINK?

IS MY LIGHTING SELECTION TOO MODERN FOR MY ART CHOICES?







No comments: